Friday, February 26, 2016

Water colouring with Shimmerz Auqa Hues

I am SO excited to be sharing with you my card today that I got to play with the new Aqua Hues!  OH MY GOODNESS are these divine!  I think what I adore most is that you can 'Choose your hues' yes you can purchase them in a pack which comes with a complimentary water brush and you get to choose the colours that go in there!

I am excitingly waiting more of my Aqua Hues to arrive as we split my package, but I did get to play with one of the colours to make this card.  I teamed it up with some Inklingz and also the new Color stakz.  
Shimmerz Products used:
Aqua Huez Blue Moon
Inklingz Blue Lagoon
Inklingz Miner Miner 49er
Inklingz Can't Elope
Inklingz A Rose by any other name
Color Stakz Pick Pocket Stakz


I deliberately wanted to leave some white spots to give a fun hand water coloured look.   I created an ombre effect with the background to the center panel using the Blue Moon Aqua Huez.  I first masked the words with some masking fluid, painted the background and then removed the masking ready to be coloured with the Miner Miner 49er Inklingz
 I set about coloring the flowers and other elements in the paper stakz piece

Finished off with a die cut base, some bling and twine makes this card really pop in the end

 Thanks so much for heading over to the blog today to check out my project!  I hope I've inspired you and shown you how lovely a little Shimmerz Paints can easily create amazing cards!


Till next time
xxxBeck BT


Like what I have used and would like to get your hands on some?  See below:  



No comments: