Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hello! - A Scrapbooking Tutorial with Irit Landgraf

Hi! Irit here with a new project using the fun new watercolors called Aqua Huez! Aqua Huez are flat watercolors (meaning no shimmer), and they are so much fun to play with! You can assemble your own palette, they come 10 in a box with a water brush. There are lots of great colors to choose from!
Here's my finished layout-


Sometimes it's hard to use a new product. Well I have a few ideas that can help you get started and get familiarized with your watercolors. I always recommend making swatches. Watercolors look totally different on paper than they do in the pot.


Start simple.
My daughter started this layout for me. She drew a bunch of circles on a piece of Canson drawing paper. This is such a great and simple way to try out colors, see how they look with little water or a lot of water and mix colors to create new shades. Once everything was dry I cut the circles out. The rest of the layout came together quite quickly, grouping the circles reminds me of balloons and I thought it looked really great on the white cardstock background.
On this layout I used Aqua Huez in Pot-O-Gold, Blue Me Away, Seeing Red, Hottie Pink, African Violet, Purplicious, Sea Weed and Gray Matter.


I love using stamps with watercolors. Here I used a set by Altenew Stamps called Wild Hibiscus. It has lots of fun images that work really well with Aqua Huez.



Here's a video tutorial with these techniques and more!


Thanks for visiting and check out the Shimmerz website for these and tons more fun products!


No comments: