Sunday, February 12, 2017

Layout "Fantastic" | Anna Komenda

Hello Shimmerz fans. It's Anna here with my next project created with gorgeous Shimmerz products. 
Today I want to share with You a layout full of hand painted flowers. I've gone wild with drawing, painting and fussy cutting many florals. I had so much of them, that I didn't need to add a lot more embellishments to my page :)


There is also a process video for You.


I am not a watercolor artist, I didn't take any classes, I am no expert at all. I just love flowers and decided to give them a try. I watched few YT videos about painting flowers. I also checked some flower sketches to get some ideas about shapes and forms. I sketched my own flowers. They are not the copy of real flowers - just a variation.


I used a lot of Aqua Huez and Creameez to color my sketches but I also used mists as a liquid watercolors. I mixed colors to get new shades. I chose two small pictures of me and my little girls because, after all that work, I didn't want to cover the background.


I used a hot glue to attach the flowers. It helps to add dimension to the page without using 3D foam squares. Just be careful with You fingers. I lost my thumb prints long time ago :D


I like using multiply colors so I painted flowers using blue, pink, red and purple. Leaves and twigs combine all the flowers together creating this "wildflower bouquet" effect.
I really love how this page turned out. It's quite thick - perfect for framing and hanging on the wall.

I used a lot of products:
Creameez - Refresh mint
Spritz - Bamboo leaf 

Remember - if You want to get a free product while shopping at Simmerz store, don't forget to mention my name.


XO
Anna



No comments: