Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sunny Days | Niki Rowland



Hey guys! Niki here today with a summery layout!  Instead of creating a mixed media background, I made a sheet of colour and then cut out shapes from those colours using my manual die cutting machine and metal dies. I've also used a free exclusive summer cut file by Paige Evans. It's a summer grid and it will be available FOR FREE on the Shimmerz Sharez Facebook Group this coming weekend: Friday 21st June 2019. Head over to the group to join and pick up this fabulous freebie.

I started off by adding four colours of Creameez to a white cardstock sheet: 

I used the packaging technique to do this and then added splatters in the same colours. Once dry I ran the colours through my Big Shot with scalloped circle dies. This means I had lots of different sized circles in different colours..


I arranged the circles onto my layout. At this point I used the summer grid exclusive cut file by Paige. I cut the whole cut file as a 12x12 grid from a sheet of white cardstock. I then cut out five of the icons I wanted to use on this layout. I nestled them in between the mixed media circles and they look fab, becuase they show up great against the coloured backgrounds.


I added a Perspextive title by Bramble Fox and a black compass icon too. I added lots of little pieces of ephemera and stickers for my embellishing, from the Maggie HolmesSunny Days collection. There are also a few bits from Hip Kit club in there too.


When the layout was almost complete, I wasn't happy with the clean feel of it. Becuase I had cut out perfect shapes from the mixed media paper, the layout didn't have a mixed media feel about it...there was no Shimmerz coming from behind the circles and no splatters. So I added LOADS of splatters. I used the same four colours as listed above.


Still not satisfied, I added sequins too! I embellished, and splattered in a tone-on-tone fashion. Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed my layout. I have also put together a process video for this layout which you can view below.


Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website, enter my name in the comments and you will get a freebie.

Happy scrapping xx


 

No comments: