Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer is Here!

Hi Friendz! I’m so excited to be here sharing the new fun things Shimmerz has in store for Summer. Cue the pina colada’s and sun tan lotion! If you haven’t heard, this week, Shimmerz Paints is teaming up with Paige Taylor Evans for an adorable exclusive cut file for our Shimmerz Sharez Facebook Group. What better way to ring in the first day of Summer on Friday than with this oh-so-cute cut file?! Yes,  yes, yes.
With the cut file, I wanted a beach bum sort of look to it. You’ll notice it isn’t laid down perfectly. F
unny enough, I wanted it to have a little unfussy and laid back. I started with cutting the file. This file does take a little bit of time to cut so to kill time, I started prepping my background. Just using some good ole white card stock, I prepped my page with some Vicki Boutin Gesso. GUYS, this gesso is AMAZING with Shimmerz Paints. There’s no grit to it. It’s smooth but heavy. It’s the perfect match with Shimmerz Paints products.

 After that dries, I took some plastic wrap and sprayed
Then I took my gesso’d paper and laid it down on the plastic. Then you get a smooshed, messy look but your colors don’t get all muddy and gnarly looking.
By the time the file was all done in my Cricut, my page was dry as well! I started snipping my paper pieces from the new “Chasing Adventures” Line from Pebbles and Jennifer Hadfield. These designs on the paper are PERFECT for Summer. Snag some at your local JoAnn’s.
The final finishing touches include some messy string, Shimmerz Paints Dotz and some stickers from American Crafts and Hobby Lobby.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure when you join the group to let our team know who sent you there. We would love to know <3

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!

-Samantha

No comments: