Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Floral Grace Card | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! Today I'm sharing a fun all occasion card. As soon as I saw the Floral Grace Stampz set, I immediately fell in love with this gorgeous flower! It's so graceful and versatile. I can see it in autumn colors for a fall flower, in reds and pinks for a holiday poinsettia, or any color of your choosing for an everyday card. And it's such a perfect size to really make a statement on a card. You really must take one home, if you haven't already! 😉


I started by stamping the flower and a few of the leaves on watercolor paper with Hero Arts Intense Black ink. This ink doesn't react with water, so it's the perfect ink for wet mediums. Next I sprayed some Scarlett's Fever and Pretty in Pink Coloringz on my palette and watercoloring the flower. Since Coloringz are flat sprays, I added a little Angel Wings Shimmerz for the perfect amount of shine. I love how soft and shimmery it looks when it catches the light. Beautiful, vibrant colors, with just the right amount of sparkle!



To finish the flower, I went in with a white gel pen and a black permanent pen for detailing and to add in some of that white space I always seem to forget because I get so excited about the beautiful color! I did a little bit better at the white space on the my leaves, colored with Bamboo Leaf Spritz and Palm Reader Vibez. Then I let my fingers do the fussy cutting and layered the pieces together.

I really loved the flowers make any day special sentiment from the set, and thought it would be fun to create a rainy day background to make the colors in the flower pop. I smooshed on some Deep Blue Sea and Don't Rain on My Parade Vibez  and dropped some water on it. Next I added a bit of Tidy Widy Texturez with a stencil for the effect of rain, then finished off with a splattering of Pool Me Close Shimmerz.  The sentiment is embossed in white on black cardstock, something that always seems to make a sentiment shine. Three little red rhinestones are the only other accent.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! There are so many fabulous ways to make your projects shine in the Shimmerz store! Hop over there and make your crafty dreams sparkle. And remember to put my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments when you place your order for a FREE mini surprise product!



What's in it?
Stampz: Floral Grace
Coloringz: Scarlett's Fever, Pretty in Pink
Vibez: Deep Blue SeaPalm ReaderDon't Rain on My Parade
Spritz: Bamboo Leaf
Shimmerz: Angel Wings, Pool Me Close
Texturez: Tidy Widy
Other: watercolor paper (Canson), black cardstock, Intense Black ink (Hero Arts), Mini Tile Texture stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), rhinestones, white signo gel pen, black Micron pen

No comments: