Monday, September 24, 2018

"Eighth Grade Details" Scrapbooking Process | Simone Schermann


Are you scrapbooking first day of school pictures of your kids? I did for my oldest this year and made a purple and pink boy layout using some of my favorite Shimmerzpaints mists. It looks like I can't let go of the colors since I used them on last month's project as well with the different outcome, if you haven't seen it yet, here is a link to the blogpost. For this layout, I went with a horizontal design using mixed media in the background and then placing my photos on the right and adding a wood veneer word as a big title on the left. I kept the embellishments and layers very minimal as I loved the contrast of the photos and background and didn't want to distract from it.


I stamped part of the title and made sure that the words nestled nicely in between the gaps of my wood veneer word. When combining different fonts for titles I try to pick very different fonts: narrow and skinny with a wide and cursive font for example. Even though they are so different, this ensures the readability of the title.


To add even more texture to the background I stamped several patterns where my title and photos were going to be. I chose inks that were close in color to the mists I used on the background but not the same. To ensure the stamps wouldn't float on the page, I stamped them to be partially covered by my photos or embellishments.



Here is a link to my process video on youtube. If you place an order in the Shimmerz Store, don't forget to mention my name Simone in the comments at checkout to receive a free mini surprise product! Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Vibez - Grape Soda, Blue Jeans< Glorious Days
Coloringz - Pink Stilettos

No comments: