Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mixed Media Shimmery Scrapbooking Inspiration with Amy Prior

Hi everyone!!!  Amy Prior back with you all again today to share another 3 scrapbook layouts that I have created recently using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz paint products. Don't forget that you can purchase Shimmerz products direct by checking out our retail store here. If you are super inspired by my projects, feel free to use my name in the comments to merchant section when checking out using Paypal and you will receive a free gift with your order woohoo!

First up I have a scrapbook page to share with you with a very beachy theme. For this layout, I have started off with a white cardstock background that I have added some Shimmerz Gold Texturez paint using a fabulous Sunrays stencil. Once this was dry, I have used the gorgeous new Shimmerz Gold Tonez collection paints to add some gorgeous gold colour to my background. To create this effect, I have simply adding lots of sprays of water, followed by some sprays of the Egg Noggin & Glorious Day Vibez sprays, then some dribbles and drops of the Get Glowing Creameez & Miner Miner 49er Inklingz. These tonez colours just work so beautifully with each other to create added texture and illusion of more depth and shadow.


Next I have added some of the Shimmerz Ocean Tonez paint to some corrugated cardstock as well as some dribbles on my background. I waited for the gold to be completely dry before dribbling the blue paints as I did not want them to have a chance to mix and make green. Sometimes I just love when colours mix and create new colours but for this layout I just wanted to focus on the blues and gold colours to really bring that beachy feel to the layout. 
The frame around the photograph is chipboard from Dusty Attic here in Australia and I have simply painted that with a good coating of the Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.


Here I have a very soft and delicate pastel layout to share using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz paints again but this time alongside some beautiful Prima Marketing papers and embellishments as well as Blue Fern Studios Chipboard. To start off this layout, the background was already very pretty and textured looking so I did not want to take away from the gorgeous design too much so I decided to simply smear some Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Tutti Frutti, Barely Blue & Patina over the background where I knew I was going to be placing my elements. 


I have scraped these colours all at the same time and while they were still wet, I have sprinkled some gorgeous delicate little sequins over the top so I didn't have to worry about gluing them later on.
Next up I have painted the Blue Fern Studios frame using some Shimmerz Tidy Widy Texturez Paint. Ooh I just love the texture of the texturez paints they are just so fun to work with and still have that gorgeous  shimmery shine.


Finally I have a bright and bold layout created on a plain back surface again using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz paint products. For the background, I have added some Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Grape-Tastic using a sunbeam stencil and again I have added some sequins sprinkled over the top before the paint dried so that I didn't have to worry about gluing these later.


When the purple starburst was dry, I have added some more stencilling using some Shimmerz Texturez, this time in The Tide that Binds colour. This stencilling I have just done randomly all over the place but the main element of the stencil I have just kept in the 1 corner where I knew my photo was going to be placed. Lots of gorgeous bright elements on this layout using some of my all time favourite colours. 



Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

No comments: