Friday, May 6, 2022

Good Sea Vibes | Shimmerz Paints Neutral Colors | Lorimar Ortega

Hello Shimmerz Fam!

Today's layout features some lovely neutrals with only a few pops of color. I know, totally different than from I'm used to, but it's always fun to craft outside the box from time to time. This layout came together in under 30 minutes and it's super simple to make.

Begin first with a base of white textured cardstock. I didn't add gesso to it because I wasn't going to add a whole lot of mixed media. Start by spraying Taupe of The Morning and Glorious Day, followed by splatters of Granny Gray and Before Dawn. This should dry nearly instantly if you didn't used any gesso.
 
I dove into my stash for my embellishments, and tried to stay on the down-low with the colors since my goal was to highlight the picture. You can use items from your stash or from a particular collection; the possibilities are endless! The general placement of the layout was to make a sort of "shelf" with all the embellishments kind of "falling out" beneath the picture. I used a mixture of thickers, chipboard thickers, ephemera pieces, veneer buttons, and stickers. I also used a leftover word from the Sun, Sea, Fun Cutfile by COAPA Cutfiles. Added my journaling in gold ink at the bottom, doodled some lines around the border and splattered some Glorious Day to tie everything together, and done!

Simple things are sometimes the best things, and that applies to today's layout. Thank you so much for joining me today! Be sure to drop by the Shimmerz Paints shop and write my name (Lorimar) in the comments section of your next order to get a freebie!

Have scrappy fun!
- Lorimar
Check out the process video here.




No comments: