Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Catch Of The Day | Melissa Minor | August 2024 Color Kitz

 Hi crafty friends! Melissa Minor here and I'm super excited to be sharing another layout with you. I'm using the August 2024 Color Kitz. I love the patterned paper with the fish on it. I knew immediately I wanted to use that paper and make some additional waves. The pictures I'm documenting today are of my daughter Taitym. A couple years ago we went to visit my mom in Florida. While there Taitym drove us on the golf cart to dinner at Roland Martin's Tiki Bar. You can see in one of the pictures her in the photo stand and it looks like she's holding a big fish.


I started my layout with a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock. I covered that sheet in Distress Oxide ink-Peacock Feathers. Next I sprayed some water onto the cardstock so that it would leave some water marks. Then I took a sheet of watercolor cardstock and painted it with Vibez-Love Ocean #9. I cut that piece into 1 1/2 x12 inch strips. After than I started tearing the strips pulling towards me to reveal the white core.


I layered the torn strips onto my inked background. I added a strip of the fish patterned paper from the kit to the center. I love the way the waves turned out on the page. I then added some splatters of Color Splash-Whites of Their Eyes. That was just what the page needed to make it pop. 


I turned to my cricut to cut a title. I used a cutfile titled Catch of the Day. I backed the cutfile with the tangerine paper with the suns on it. Next I added my three photos. I kept my embellishment clusters very simple. I pulled a tag, a couple fish, and a couple seashells from the pre-cut ephemera pack. 

I finished my layout by adding a few clear gems. If you decide to place an order with Shimmerz Paints please leave my name -Melissa Minor- in the **Add a note to your order ** section. When doing so you will receive a free gift with your order. I have a full process video linked below. I hope my layout has given you some inspiration to create. We'll chat again next week! Thanks!





No comments: