Monday, September 28, 2020

That's My Boy | Color-melting with Shimmerz Paints | Echo Park Paper | Lorimar Ortega

Hello everyone!

It's Lorimar, sharing this lovely "color-melting" layout with you today. I used a patterned paper from Echo Park's That's My Boy collection as an inspiration for layout as I wanted to make a colorful layout without going down rainbow road (LOL). I'll list all the colors I used in here (so it's easier to walk you through it): Oakie Dokie, Butter Cream, Bamboo Leaf, Keep Palm, Mustard Seed, Pumpkin, Anchors Away, Peacock's Plume, Ultra Marine, Gold Glimmer, and Pool Me Closer.


Here's what I did: as I rummaged through my stash, I found a patterned paper from Echo Park that featured a lot of color and patterns. It's actually the "cover page" from the collection; they are typically printed on shiny glossy paper, but this one was actually the A Side to the 3x4 Journaling cards. I fussy-cut around the hexagons and left the logo in to serve as my title. My idea was to use the colors from the paper and create a layout that looked like the color had melted down; and that's exactly what I did!

Using a Vicki Boutin foundations paper, I added water to the bottom of the paper (so my colors to blend and spread better) and began adding in each of the colors. I specifically used Butter Cream in between the bolder colors so the blending came out more fluid. Towards the bottoms of each of the color strips, I splashed a bit of each of the colors.

Once it was dried, it was all a matter of adding in my pictures (matted on red metallic cardstock, popped up on craft foam and placed on either side of the title) and sprinkle in a few embellishments (so as not to cover up to much of the mixed media.

And that's it! Thank you so much for joining me today, and I hope I've inspired you to make a colorful layout such as this. Remember, if you type my name, LORIMAR, in the comments sections of your next Shimmerz order, you'll be able to receive some free paint!

Take care and stay safe,

- Lorimar
PS. - If you're interested in watching the whole process, click here.






 

No comments: