Friday, November 29, 2019

Vintage St Nick

Hello All! 

Anyone else in full blown Christmas mode?  Yep, less than a month away.  That means Christmas cards need to get done. 
I wanted to use this gorgeous vintage Santa from Stampendous.  When I think Santa, this is what is in my head!


Now I am going to date myself here.  Ages ago, I had 12 x 12 vintage Christmas scrapbook paper from Daisy D's.  I was going for a similar look as this paper, seen below~


I stamped my Santa in Inkon 3 ink and then colored the hat with Scarlet's Fever Coloringz and Pink Stilettos Coloringz.  I also used Keep Palm mixed with the Scarlet's Fever to create a brownish grey for shadows.  The mix of the pink and the red give it a nice vibrant color.  The holly was painted with  Keep Palm Coloringz.



At this point, I decided I would like the image better with a black outline, so I stamped over it with Versafine Black ink.  I then used the same colors- Stiletto Pink Coloringz, Keep Palm Coloringz and Scarlet's Fever Coloringz for the face.  Yep, using color theory, the mixture of these colors yields perfect colors for shadows.  Santa's beard is all sorts of shiny as I used Angel Wings Shimmerz


After fussy cutting Santa out, I worked on the background using the packaging technique.  In the end, I found that the best tool for applying the Scarlet's Fever Coloringz for the look I wanted was my finger! 
Once dry, I added white acrylic paint spatters.  For added texture and depth, I stamped some music with a texture stamp from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I added a smidge of detail on the holly with colored pencils, the heat embossed the sentiment onto the beard.  Santa is popped up on dimensionals and a few sequins were added to finish it off. 


So what do you think?  Did I succeed in making a card in the style of the Daisy D's scrapbook paper?  Would love to hear your thoughts! 
That's it for me!  Happy shopping if you are braving the crowds today.  Don't forget to shop at Shimmerz Paints today!  Today ONLY, you get 30% in the WHOLE shop!
 If you choose to stay home and craft (raising hand here), happy crafting!



Lee Ann 

No comments: