Saturday, November 30, 2019

Carefree Guy | Kelly Janes

Hey Shimmerz fans! Kelly back today with a new 12x12 scrapbook layout!


I have Fall on the brain! It's my favorite season to scrapbook and the season always seems to go by so quickly! I wanted to document this sweet pic of my dog in the leaves that I snapped last week. I originally printed the photo in color, but there was just so much brown in the photo (the leaves were a yucky brown color & he is also brindle) that it just overpowered the layout. So, I decided to print the photo in black and white.


I cut a circle (using my Cricut) in the center of a patterned paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Just a Little Lovely Collection. I knew I wanted to decorate the edge of the circles with leaves and thought it would be fun to color my own using Shimmerz Paints.


I grabbed a few sheets of cheap watercolor paper and sprayed/painted the paper with multiple Shimmerz Colors. I colored a blue sheet of paper (using Frost Bite Vibez, Cold as Ice Vibez & Lapis Dance Creameez), a pinkish orange paper (using Sweet Heart Vibez, Cotton Candy Spritz, Lil' Yellow Skool Bus Coloringz, Sunset Strip Vibez & Mandarin Mai Tai Coloringz) and finally topped off with a purple paper (using Rip Van Periwinkle Vibez, Princess Vibez & Plum Pudding Spritz). Now you definitely wouldn't need this many colors. I just wanted to have a variety of shading on each piece of the watercolor paper.


Once the watercolor paper was dry, I ran each piece through my die cutting machine using leaf dies. I then arranged the leaves around the circle on my background patterned paper. I used my sewing machine and metallic gold thread to hold the leaves in place. I also embellished the layout using puffy stickers, epoxy stickers, enamel dots, and die cuts. I used a puffy phrase sticker for my title and finished things off with gold splatters from Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.


Now you can take a look at how my layout came together!



I love using combinations of paints to create different depths and a dimension to the colors! If you haven't given it a try I highly recommend it! Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me!


No comments: