Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Finally Family with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hey everyone, this is Niki and I have a new layout today. I wanted to achieve a soft and subtle look using cool tones of pink and blue.

I started off my creating my background. I trimmed down Marshmallow cardstock and mounted it on a piece of Pretty Little Studio Indian Summer paper. I could then apply my mixed media. I've used five colours of Inklingz:
Angel's Kiss
Pink a Boo
A Rose (by any other name)
Frosty Buns
The Holly and the Ivy


I used the packaging technique to create the very soft background. I started off with the very pale Angel's Kiss colour and then added areas of darker colours. The Frosty Buns Inklingz wasn't quite the right shade for the bits I was planning to use on this layout so I mixed in a small amount of The Holly & the Ivy to make it slightly more green. I added splatters too.


Once my background was done I then started to assemble my layout. I mounted my photo on a few paper layers, including vellum for a soft look. I positioned my photo and the word 'Family' and then added embellishments around those.


I added silver thread for some sparkle, and a Dotz by Shimmerz button that says Hi. I also fussy cut some houses from Jen Hadfield We are Family. I added stickers and a number of acrylic dots to finish off.

Thanks so much for joining me today, here's another look at the finished layout:

There is a process video for this layout that can be viewed below.
Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, enter my name in the comments for a freebie.
 Happy scrapping xxx 


 






No comments: