Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Mental About Heath with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hey everyone, this is Niki here today with a new layout, process video and a funny story. Sooooooo....it's Mental Health Day at school, and the children had to wear green to represent that. So my husband asks my 6 year old son why he is wearing green and Max explains that it's Mental Health Day. My Husband then asked Max what mental health is? To which Max responds with 'it's when you're MENTAL about health!' Needless to say we found this hilarious and I absolutely had to document this story.



So given the green theme, I had to make my background green of course. I have used four colours:

I applied these to my background using the packaging technique and lots of splatters.


I have also used the fabulous Cute Arrows cut file from the October Kitz. This cut file was designted by Paige Evans and I cut one large floral arrow from green patterned paper and two loopy arrows from a dark teal patterned paper. I backed the floral one on white card and used it as a layer under one of the words from my title. I stitched through on my sewing machine, the arrows and the words of my title.


I embellished the layout with pom pom trim and lots of little bits and pieces of ephemera, acrylics and stickers. Here's another look at the finished layout.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed my layout. There is a process video for this one that you can view below.

Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website then enter my name in the comments and you will receive a freebie!
Happy scrapping xxx  





No comments: