Thursday, November 14, 2019

Friends | Monochromatic Layout featuring Peacock's Plume and Anchors Away | Lorimar Ortega

Hello everyone!

     November is a month full of thankfulness, and busy-ness preparing for the Christmas Season. Two of the many things that I'm grateful for are photographed and documented in this layout: My son Danny and our dog, Amy. I went with a monochromatic theme showcasing different tones of blues. For extra pops of "color", I added some embellishments in white and black.
To make this layout, I started with a light blue cardstock by Bazzill. added clear gesso and set it aside to dry. While it dried, I dove into my stash of embellishments and scrap patterned paper searching for anything blue, black and white. I matted my picture on some white cardstock and then added some layers of different patterned paper with torn and/or distressed borders. For extra texture, I tied some chunky Baker's Twine in light blue to the right hand side of the picture.


     The colors that I used on my base are listed below. Once the base was dried, I began adding colors in a sort of ombre fashion using the packaging technique, starting with the lightest color are the bottom. I did add a bit more color to the bottom as well so that it looked balanced. Afterwards, I added some extra splatters in Anchors Away and Pixie Dust.

Colors used:
- Anchors Away (Shimmerz)
- Peacock's Plume (Shimmerz) <--- Part of the November color Kitz.
- Tickle Me Turquoise (Shimmerz)
- Boggie Boardin' Blue (Creameez)
- Colder Than Ice (Shimmerz)
- Hi Ho Silver (Blingz)
- Before Dawn (Coloringz)
- Pixie Dust (Blingz)


   After everything was dry, I added my picture with paper layers unto some craft foam for added dimension and adhered it to my base. Then I began embellishing, taking care to balance everything out. Finally, added my journaling with a black sharpie marker and added a few splatters of Anchors Away.


     I simply love how it turned out! It looks very wintery for me which is just fitting since the picture was taken in January. 


     Hope I've inspired you to document your story and to embrace a monochromatic look to your layout. Remember, type my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order so you can receive some free paint!

Until next time, Happy Craftin'!
- Lorimar






No comments: