Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Paper purging with Samantha

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you all had the best Memorial Day Weekend. I spent sometime purging my paper bucket. I never realized what a crafting hoarder I was! SO, the solution for that is play time! 
I've been hoarding my Paige Evans "Horizon" Collection for a while now. It's so pretty, I'm afraid to use it. Can anyone else relate to my anxiety? Ha ha! I finally decided I had the perfect colors to coordinate with the new collection. This is one of my all time favorite photos of me and my favorite person, my husband, Nick. The black and white photo helps add some contrast to tons of color. It's balances everything into perfect harmony.
I recently snagged this fun layered cut file from Paige Evan's Etsy Shop. Taking each piece, I just went to town using some of my favorites.
 * Iris My Case Shimmerz from the May Missy Whidden Color Kitz Set. This color is available in the set only, but it's to DIE for!
* And a tiny Dotz epoxy embellishment I've been saving since the March Missy Kit. (This Kit is no longer available but we've got TONS of amazing Dotz available in the Shimmerz Shop)
* The green leaves were painted with lime green acrylic paint

The awesome thing about Shimmerz products is how fast they dry. There's no long wait times. So you can keep trucking right along with your projects. Cause if you're anything like me, when you're motivated to  produce a project that's been stewing in your mind, you want to pump it out as soon as possible. Simple to admire the heck out of it!
After waiting around the 5-7 minute mark for my cute flower pieces to dry, I then hot glue my pieces together. Alternating colors so there's not a bunch that look like the others.

I layered a piece of plain white cardstock on top of this fun piece of paper from Paige Evan's Horizon Collection. Then center my picture and add the fun florals all around. I had some of these fun stickers hanging around too, so I figured "WHY NOT?!" and painted them with the pink and iris colors. These stickers are from American Crafts. I'm not 100% sure if they are still available on their website but I did in fact find them a while back at Wal Mart. The SECRET Sticker haven!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope this inspired you to clean out your paper collection and play! Now that I have, I'm so glad I did. Don't forget! The June Color Kitz will be available to play with starting Saturday, so swing by the Shimmerz Shop starting at 9 AM MST to snag them. You won't be disappointed! Thanks everyone!



No comments: