Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Out & About | NIki Rowland


Hey Shimmerz Fans, Niki back today with another layout to share. I'm really into blocks of colour right now so thought I would create another layout like this for my layout today.

I started off by working out the approximate position of my photo. I then drew a line horizontally...this is sort of a 'shelf' for my photo and embellishments to sit on and I wanted the Shimmerz Paints to be coming down from that 'shelf.'


Instead of different colours, this time I went for shades of one colour. I wanted to pick up on the peachy tones of the papers and embellishments I was using. The Shimmerz Paints I've used are:



I'm particularly in love with Inklingz and Creameez at the moment due to the gorgeous intense colour you get when you activate them with water. If you don't add too much water and let them sit for 10 minutes or so before use, you get this small amout of very rich creamy intense colour. This consistency is perfect for applying with a wide brush and achieving those gorgeous brush strokes.


 I applied my four colours and then added paint splatters in the same colours. To do this, I put a small amount of each colour on a craft sheet and spritzed with water to make them more liquid. I then flicked the colours onto the layout.  

Once my layout was dry I then added my photos and embellishments onto my 'shelf'. I added LOADS of teeny sequins (a mix called Starry Dreams) by Spiegel Mom Scraps becuase they reminded me of sand and obviously I have sand in my photos. 
I added an acrylic title by Bramble Fox and filled the open letters with the same sequins.

The paper collection I've used is Maggie Holmes Sunny Days. I finished off with one of the gorgeous new Dotz flair style buttons, at the top of my photos - I absolutely love these and can see I'll collecting all of them.


Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you've enjoyed this layout. Don't forget that when you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments and you will recieve a freebie.  Happy scrapping xxx  

Products used:





No comments: