Saturday, March 24, 2018

'Be You' by Niki Rowland: Mixing Products


Hey there Shimmerz Fans! Niki here with you today with this layout that I made using lots of different Shimmerz products.

Firstly I was inspired by the a paper from one of the recent Pinkfresh collections and decided to use that as a base to my layout. I cut part of it out and then placed it onto a white background. My plan was to extend the coloured strips of paper with mixed media products.


I started off by using the packaging technique to apply Vibez in Pop Art Pink and Deep Blue Sea to the white background, as well as some Jilted Jade original Shimmerz. I kept testing out my paper against the background I was creating.


I then added different Dazzlers through stencils in similar colours, again extending the coloured areas. I used Dreamscicle, Sea U in the Mornin', and then I needed a rose gold colour which I didnt have in my stash, so I mixed Foiled Again, Gold Mine and Tutti Fruiti together to create this rose-gold. I then applied this through a stencil too. I then watered it down so that I could use it to add splatters.


Once my background was done and dry, I then added my photo, bits and pieces of ephemera and puffy stickers. I left no room for journaling so added that in right at the very top of the layout.


I hope you've enjoyed my layout today, there is a process video too that can be viewed below.


Products used:
Dazzlers Foiled Again
Dazzlers: Dreamscicle
Dazzlers: Sea U in the Mornin'
Dazzlerz Tutti Fruiti
Texturez: Gold Mine
Original Shimmerz: Jilted Jade
Vibez: Pop Art Pink
Vibez: Deep Blue Sea

Don't forget that if you place an order on the Shimmerz Website and put my name in the comments you will recieve a free gift :) 

Happy scrapping xx



No comments: