Friday, March 23, 2018

"Hello" Scrapbook Layout | Suzanna Stein

Hey there everyone, Suzanna here! I'm so happy to be back sharing more mixed media inspiration! This is another scrapbook layout I created by bringing a mixed media element into the background using Shimmerz.


As I do with a lot of my projects, I started out by using a craft sponge and Paste-eez Puttin' On the Glitz to add texture to my background. I've found that by doing this, the colors pop more on the page.

Once that was dry, I went in with a couple Creameez and Shimmerz colors. Using a watercolor brush, I added little blobs of color around the outline of where my photo would be going. I started out with the lighter colors and followed up with the darker shades, making sure each layer dried before adding the next. By doing this, I was able to make sure my background colors didn't blend into one "muddy" color.


Once all of the different shades dried, I added my photo and embellishments to the layout. Then, I added my journaling in strips to the left of my photo.


To finish off the layout, I first added splatters of Spritz Chance of Rain. Then, as I usually do in my projects, I added splatters of a vibrant gold acrylic paint mixed with a few drops of water. This gives a really opaque gold tone that matches my gold embellishments perfectly!

I hope this gave you a few ideas to try out on your next scrapbook layout!

- Suzanna

Products Used: Paste-eez Puttin' On The Glitz, Spritz Chance of Rain, Creameez For ShoreCreameez Cheeky PinkInklingz First BlushShimmerz Antique Lace, and Shimmerz Green Olive

No comments: