Thursday, August 24, 2017

Positive Art Journal Spread | Katty Miranda

Hello friends! Katty here to share a fun Art Journal Page with you all. I was in the mood to paint so I pulled out my handy dandy Art Journal. I am using my Daler Rowney Mixed Media Travelbook. I love the size of the pages in this journal, not too big, but enough space for me to get creative. I created a fun and colorful spread.

I began with a stencil and one of my favorite paste-eez in the color Tree Hugger which is a gorgeous teal. The stencil I used looks like pomegranate seeds. I love the texture the Paste-eez and stencil immediately add to my page. It looks pretty all by itself but of course I needed to add lots more color to it.

I pulled out some of my awesome Shimmerz paints in several colors, I used a Coloringz in Mandarin Mai Tai and Pink Stilettos and three Creameez in Trippin in the Tropics, Boogie Boardin Blue, and Lettuce get together. I used a watercolor brush and scattered the colors around the page in between the stenciled image. I mixed it up and added the intense colors in some areas and used a little more water to soften the same colors up in other areas. I love the look of this mix.


I used a black sharpie pen and added some faux stitching around parts of the stenciled image to add some additional interest. I love the detail that the faux stitching adds. I also added some positive coordinating word stickers to finish it off.
Supplies Used:
Paste-eez: Tree Hugger
Coloringz: Mandarin Mai Tai, Pink Stilettos
Creameez: Lettuce get Together, Boogie Boardin Blue, Trippin in the Tropics



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Remember...
XOXO

No comments: