Sunday, May 7, 2017

Today Scrapbook Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello friends! Katty here to share another 12x12 layout with you all. I am scrapping a sequence of photos of my niece and my mom. My niece gives the best hugs. She is the sweetest.
I began with a floral embroidery stencil and my Shimmerz Dazzlerz in the color Spun Sugar. I used it on white cardstock. I used Spun Sugar to create a neutral base. 
To add color to the flowers, I used several colors. I used a combination of an Inklingz in the color Bahama Mama and a Creameez in the color Refresh Mint for some of the flowers and a combination of two Creameez in  Berry Hot and Sky's the Limit for the other flowers. I then fussy cut the flowers.

I pulled out a mint green paper from my stash. I arranged my three photos in the center of the layout and added a simple layer of tracing paper behind all three photos. I then raised them up on foam. I then clustered the flowers underneath the pictures and added some leaves I had previously cut out on my Silhouette Cameo.

I used a Teresa Collins diagonal stripe stencil with the Dazzlerz in Spun Sugar and used the same four colors to color in between the stripes. I cut out strips and added two in the top right and two on the bottom left of the layout. In between the strips of color I added white drops using Nuvo Drops. I also added Nuvo Drops to the flowers for some extra detail. 

I used a Heidi Swapp acetate word in a coordinating coral color as my tittle and a few random embellishments from my stash. At first I wasn't sure about combining all of these colors but  in the end I really like how it turned out. 
There is a video on my channel if you'd like to watch my process:

Products Used: 
Dazzlerz: Spun Sugar
Inklingz: Bahama Mama
Creameez: Berry Hot, Refresh Mint, Sky's the Limit
Thanks so much for stopping by, remember.......
XOXO


No comments: