Sunday, April 19, 2015

Create Love with Amy Prior

Hi Shimmerz fans! Amy Prior back with you all again today to share a couple of off the page projects that I have created recently using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Paint Products! Need to stock up on your fave Shimmerz? Don't forget you can click here to visit the Shimmerz online Retail store and don't forget to include my name (Amy Prior) in the comments to merchant section during checkout in Paypal to earn a free gift woohoo!

First up today, I have a paint palette that I have decorated to simply hang up in my art studio. Having lots of fun arty projects around my art studio really helps me get my mojo flowing.


To start I have simply painted the wooden palette with some Black Crackle Paint and Black Gesso. I added both so I would have some interesting crackle texture added to the woodgrain. When this was dry, I have adhered a Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Circle Frame around the edges before painting the entire surface with Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Licorice Stick. I have added the Dazzlerz using a pouncing move with my paint brush to ensure the little cracks and crevasses from my chipboard were all covered in the Black. This also helped cover any glue that had oozed in my attempts of adhering the delicate chipboard around. 


When the black was completely dry, I have added some dollops of Shimmerz Dazzlerz and texturez paints. I wanted to create the illusion of a paint palette filled with a rainbow of paints ready to create a masterpiece. I just love the variety of colours in the Shimmerz paint ranges and was a little sad that I could not fit all the colours that I wanted to fit in my rainbow hehe. I will have to try find a bigger palette next time. 


I have then added some Prima Marketing 3D letters spelling out Create. When the paint blobs were dry, and these took a couple of days to dry completely, I have sprayed some Shimmerz paint sprays to add more colour and glimmer around the blobs of paint as well as to colour the white threaded letters in the centre. The white was a great contrast against the black but I didn't want the focus to be just on the word Create. Plus we can never get enough colour and shimmer am I right? When all the Shimmery goodness was completely dry, I have added lots of gorgeous flowers to finish off the project because I am just a sucker when it comes to flowers, flowers and more flowers. 

Next up I have a canvas that I have decorated to share with you all. This fun canvas is going to hang in my house somewhere to hopefully remind myself and my children about this important scripture. 


To create this canvas, I have added some stencilling to the background using a Crafters Workshop stencil along with some Shimmerz Texturez paint in Tidy Widy color. Being super impatient, I have dried the Texturez with my heat tool and created a fun bubbled texture in the Texturez. When the Texturez was dry, I have added lots of Shimmerz paint sprays, Shimmerz, and Inklingz to the background in various shades of Teal, Pink and brown. I have let this dry overnight to see how the colours would settle on their own. 


Next I have added some Shimmerz Inklingz in Burnished Buckle color to the raised texture areas on the background to try create some more shadows amongst the bubbled texture. I added a bit of water to ensure the Inklingz was dripping down into the cracks etc and not just sitting on the surface. The next step was to brush a Brown Archival Ink pad over the top of the texture and then the same again with some Black Stazon Ink. With my Shimmerz Inklingz still out, I have painted the Prima Marketing Threaded Letters so they are dry and ready to be mounted on the canvas when ready.


Next I have added some Shimmerz Coloringz and Spritz sprays to some Blue Fern Studios Chipboard as well as adding some more stencilling to the background, this time using Shimmerz Texturez in Crushed Coral. I have again, heat-dried the Shimmerz Texturez before adding some Brown and Black ink rubbed over the top. The final step was to add some flowers, letter stickers and other embellishments. The flowers etc looked way too clean for my messed up grungey background so I have finished off the canvas by spraying the entire thing with Shimmerz sprays in various brown colours. This helped tie the whole project together perfectly and gave everything a perfect shimmery finish.

Shimmerz Paint Products used for these projects include...
Shimmerz Dazzlerz 
in Red-Iculous, Sea U in the Mornin, Sour Apple, Jelly Bean Green, Dreamsicle, Tutti Frutti, Pucker Up Pink, Spun Sugar, Grape-Tastic, Lemon Drop, Licorice Stick & Gummy Berry Blue,
Shimmerz Texturez 
in Have a Grape Day, Marooned over Miami, The Tide that Binds, Mari-Gold Digger, Crushed Coral, Brick Wall, Patina, Sandy Stone, Teal Me No Lies,
Shimmerz Inklingz 
in Burnished Buckle, Penny 4 Your Thots, Tarnished Treasure, I'm Not Limon, Sheer Bliss, Pink-a-Boo, Blue My Mind, First Blush,
Shimmerz Creameez 
in Piggy Pink, 
Shimmerz Vibez
in Taupe of the Mornin, Sweet Heart Vibez, Jeni B Bleu, Glorious Day, Egg Noggin, Pop Art Pink, Before Dawn, Hermit the Frog, Grape Escape, Razzledazzle Berry, Princess, Rolling in the Hay, Hot Fudge, Snow Storm, Sunset Strip,
in Antique Lace, Buttercream, Jilted Jade, Pink, Tickle-Me-Turquoise,
Shimmerz Spritz
in Ruby, Bed of Roses, Plum Pudding, Caribbean Sunset, 4 Leaf Clover, Sapphire, Treasures Hymn, Cotton Candy and Chick-a-Dee.

Wow what a list huh! Thanks so much for stopping by today and until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

No comments: