Saturday, July 3, 2021

Here Comes the Sun - July Color Kitz with Natalie Dill




Happy July, friends! Natalie here with the July color kitz and they are straight fire!

The July Color Kitz include:
 
  • Frogget Me Not Vibez
  • Caribbean Sunset Spritz
  • Mandarin Mai Tai Coloringz
  • Green Olive Shimmerz
  • *NEW* There She Rose Again Shimmerz
  • 1 exclusive  "Here Comes the Suncut file created by Shimmerz Paints
  • 1 set of "So Flocking Excited for Summer" Dotz
  • 1 set of paper poppies.
For this layout, I used clear gesso on the entire sheet of white cardstock. I then cut a circle from the middle of the page and set it aside.

Find my entire process here: https://youtu.be/Vt7_dU5qqlY

I stamped a monstera leaf and palm fronds around the circle border in VersaMark ink and heat embossed the images in white.


I used the Froggert Me Not Vibez and the Green Olive Shimmerz all over the border. I put two layers to obtain the vibrancy seen here. I used a wet paper towel to clean excess paint off the embossed images.


I also sewed around the circle and the page border. I then adhered the border to a patterned striped background.



On the inner circle, I layered the warm colors from Mandarin Mai Tai, Caribbean Spritz to 
There She Rose Again Shimmerz. I added a bit of water and swirled the color to all edges of the circle.


I cut the adorable exclusive cut file out of smooth white cardstock. I backed the cut file with a photo of a sunset from Dauphin Island, Alabama.


I popped the cut file off the photo with foam adhesive.


The paper poppies are so pretty! They have a black center, as real poppies do, but for my layout,  I had no other black on the page. So I covered the black middles with white gesso then added orange Nuvo drops on the center to match my page.

I also added a second set of dotz from My Main Squeeze because they matched this Kitz so well!


I clustered the Dotz with a few white palm fronds and the altered poppies and placed them pleasingly around the page.


I had so much fun creating this page with the July Color Kitz! I hope you'll run and grab yours soon. Mention my name, Natalie, for a free gift with your order.

xo, Natalie













No comments: