Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Homegrown Rainbows | Colorful Spring layout w/ process video

Hello everyone!

Lori here, sharing a colorful spring-filled layout. I'm certainly ready for bursts of colors any time, especially in these uncertain times.

I began my layout with selecting a bright blue cardstock as my base. I then cut out the Rainbow Heart Cutfile (part of the April Color Kitz) on white textured cardstock and backed it with patterned paper in primary colors. For added texture, I hand-stitched a simple back stitch on the cut file with red, blue, yellow and green thread.

For an extra pop of color, I added some white acrylic paint (by way of the packaging technique and splatters) as a layer beneath where the cutfile was going to be. I then did the same with Hermit the Frog (Vibez), Bed of Roses (Spritz), Jenni B Bleu (Vibez) and Heidi Ho Blue (Coloringz).
Popped the cutfile on 3D craft foam, matted my pictures on white cardstock and placed them like you see in the pictures. I made my title using three different packs of Thickers. For the word "Rainbows", I colored the letters with the same aforementioned colors in addition to Pumpkin (Shimmerz) and Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz).

Finished off the layout with some embellishments from a home-made stash-bursting kit I made for my April layouts, and added a few red sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps around each heart.


Splashed a bit of Mustard Seed (Vibez) and Freshly Squeezed (Coloringz) all around the layout to tie each thing together and finished off my layout. Added my journaling in black ink right beneath one fo my photos, and done!


I love how this turned out! Hope I've inspired you to embrace the sunshine and rainbows in your life, and to get your stories documented.

Need a bit of sunshine in your day? Check out the April Color Kitz, and remember, type "Lorimar" in the comments section to receive a freebie.

Process video here: https://youtu.be/IyQe5_FiQRc

Have a great everyone, and stay safe!
- Lorimar

No comments: