Monday, October 29, 2018

You are my Sunshine by Samantha Robles

Hi Friendz! So excited to be back with you all, sharing this fun layout using the Shimmerz Fall Color Challenge. My color that was chosen was: Hold the Mustard Paste-eez, mixed with some Mustard Seed Vibez. I love this color's vibrant hue and gold shimmer. It's perfect for all seasons, but here in Idaho, it reminds me of the gorgeous colors on the trees right now.
I've been saving this oh-so-adorable photo of my son for weeks. I finally found the perfect sunny and bright color to go with his cute bright self. I've been saving this cut files by Paige Taylor Evans . I took some Hold the Mustard and a tiny dropper of Mustard Seed and mixed the two together, then spread it over my cut file. What I found that works best for my projects is I do the spraying, painting, pasting right before bed. Then let it sit over night to get 100% dry without checking every 10 minutes. The next morning, I cut the cut file right in half and glued it to my white cardstock.
Soon after, I let my sheet dry and started on this amazingly cute chipboard piece from Scrapaholics titled "You Are My Sunshine". I started with some gesso and did a light coat of acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby to get the dark edges lightened up. After that dried, I then added two coats of Paste-Eez "Puttin' on the Glitz"
This adds that POP of sparkle that shines from my little turkey's personality.
I finally added some small little drops of Sweet Heart Vibez to add the finishing touch, along with these cute tiny heart stickers I've had stashed away for months. I'm Samantha, and I'm a craft supply hoarder, hehe!

Thanks so much for tagging along. Make sure to check out Scrapaholic's amazing selection of chipboard pieces and don't forget to join the color challenge with Shimmerz. 

XOXO
-Sami