Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Trick or Treat Smell My Feet | Niki Rowland



Hi Shimmerz Fans! Niki here today with this fun Halloween layout! I absolutely love Halloween, for my children it is the best night of the year - when else can you knock on people's doors and get given sweets?! We also love dressing up and now there are awesome Snapchat filters too that have awesome Halloween effects!


I started off by cutting a large pumpkin on my cutting machine. I then painted it with Original Shimmez 'Orange Sherbert'. This is a very intense orange colour and it is perfect for a Halloween pumpkin. Once it was dry I applied 'Dreamscicle' Dazzlerz Texture Paste through a polka dot stencil to give the pumpkin lots of texture.


I decided to put the orange pumpkin onto a sheet of black patterned paper but I wanted lots of paint splatters on that background so the pumpkin had a glow around it. I flicked on two colours: the Orange Sherbert Shimmerz and also Sugar Plum original Shimmerz too,  which is a deep purple colour. I love how intense the Shimmerz paints are - they really sit on top of the paper and keep their vibrance when they dry.

Once the paint splatters on the background are dry I positioned the pumpkin back onto the layout. I then built up my layout...I added my photos and added some embellishments from a few of last years Halloween collections that I've been hoarding!

Here's another look at the finished layout, I had such fun making this layout!

 Thanks so much for joining me today - what Halloween projects will you make?


Products used: