Friday, March 15, 2024

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail | Sarah Millerhouse | March 2024 Color Kitz

 


Hello, friends! I enjoyed using the March Color Kitz to create this layout! I love the spring feel of the colors, patterned papers, and embellishments! I have a full process video up linked below. 


For the title, I used the March cutfile that comes in the Color Kitz. I absolutely adore this cutfile and how easy it was to build a layout around it. I painted the backing pieces with the Shimmerz - Pink Caviar from the March Color Kitz and Shimmerz - Marigold & Bumbly Bee from past Kitz. I then ran them through a texture folder to add the texture to the words. This pattern reminded me of an Easter basket weave! 


For the background, I used one of the patterned papers from the collection.  I used a hexagon stencil with the Shimmerz - Spruce It Up and Vibez - Arti-Choked from the March Color Kitz, along with Shimmerz - Celery. I put all three colors down on my craft mat, blended them together, and added them through the stencil with an ink blending foam dauber. 


I used a combination of stamps and ephemera from the March Kitz to create the flowers. For the darker pink/purple flowers, I layered on Vibez - Quit Yer Wine-n, Shimmerz - Pink Caviar, Inklingz - Rose Colored Glasses (March Bonuz Bundle), and Color Splash - Flashy Flamingo. I let the layers of color dry and then stamped and fussy-cut flowers. For the yellow and orange flowers, I used the ephemera flowers from the Kitz and painted on the same colors as the title. This helped connect all the colors in the layout together. 


For the leaves, I painted on the greens and yellows used on the layout and layered them in color after color. I then used metal dies from my stash to cut out different types of leaves. I love the pop of green and texture this adds to the layout. 


I finished the layout by adding lots of bunnies from the ephemera set in the Kitz and jewels, crystals, and Pops of Color from my stash. This was a super fun and super Shimmerz Paints-filled layout to create! 

I have all the details in the full process video up on the Shimmerz Paints channel here: Full Process Video

Remember that if you place a Shimmerz order and put my name, Sarah Millerhouse, in the comments, you will get a free gift! Have a beautiful day!









No comments: