Friday, December 4, 2020

December 2020 Color Kitz with Natalie Dill


Happy December, friends!

Natalie here using the December 2020 Color Kitz for a festive layout!  I love how versatile these kits are, you can layer up the colors for a vibrant, traditional holiday look, or go for a pastel version, which I did on today's layout.

  • Seas The Day Vibez
  • Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz
  • Granny Gray Spritz
  • Buddy's Favorite Color Shimmerz
  • Olive Branch Spritz
  • 1 exclusive layered process "By The Chimney With Care" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Oh What Fun" Dotz
  • 1 package of Silver Dusting Embellishmentz

I created a background using Buddy's Favorite Color Shimmerz, Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz, Seas the Day Vibez and Olive Branch Spritz. I allowed the Seas the Day and Buddy's Favorite Color to run together on a part of the background to create a beautiful purple to accompany the purple sunset in my photos. Mixing colors is another awesome way to stretch your kitz and get the most out of them!

You can see the entire process video on my YouTube channel to see how the background was achieved.







After I created the background and added the corresponding color splatters, I added my cut file backed in coordinating patterned papers. I popped the cut file up with foam tape.


I applied the silver tinsel dusting to the ornament embellishments with glue. I then went over the tinsel with Glossy Accents to seal it on and keep it from flaking into my scrapbook. It worked beautifully and once dry, that tinsel isn't going anywhere!



I love how the beautiful pastel background looks through the clear title sticker I chose. The silver font is legible, and the beautiful watercolor background isn't hidden.

I also applied the silver tinsel to the ornament tops and filled them in the cut file with pop dots.



I layered on embellishments and stickers in corresponding, festive colors and added a dash of journaling to complete my festive layout!

I hope you've inspired to create with this gorgeous, versatile color kit. 

Mention my name in the comments and receive an extra treat with your order!

Thanks for looking!
xoxo,
Natalie






 

No comments: