Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Merry Christmas Day by Emilie Chamel




 
Happy December, friends!

Emilie here using the December 2020 Color Kitz for a Christmassy layout!  I love these kits! The colours are so vibrant and you can easily achieve a traditional holiday look or go for a more wintery look.

  • Seas The Day Vibez
  • Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz
  • Granny Gray Spritz
  • Buddy's Favorite Color Shimmerz
  • Olive Branch Spritz
  • 1 exclusive layered process "By The Chimney With Care" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Oh What Fun" Dotz
  • 1 package of Silver Dusting Embellishmentz



I started by covering my white cardstock with clear Gesso and then sprayed through a snowflake stencil the Seas the day Vibez. It created some very subtle snowflakes on my background.




In then splattered all the sprays to create multicolour droplets.




I painted some big cardstock snowflakes with the Buddy's favourite Colour and Bubblegum Shimmerz and some smaller ones with Seas the day Vibez. Before gluing the smaller ones to my layout, I added a small layer of Silver Dusting embellishments underneath them.




I applied a strip of double sided sticky tape either side of the white cardstock I had mounted on green cardstock and glued Silver dusting embellishments to create a tinsel effect. I then coloured two strips of white cardstock with Bubblegum Shimmerz paints and glued them on top of the meeting edges of cardstock/tinsel.




I embellished my layout with a few die-cuts and some left-over pearls from last-month's color kitz, added my journaling and title and I was happy with the final look!




Make sure you grab this gorgeous, December kit from the Shimmerz shop before they are gone and add my name "Emilie" in the comment section at checkout for a free surprise gift! See you soon!





Emilie



No comments: