Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Autumn Days | Mixed Media Layout with Simple Stories Cozy Days

 Hello everyone!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and, while I know that things have been a bit different lately, there's always something to be thankful for.

Today's layout is mostly focused on making one's own background and piling on the embellishments. If you'd like to see how it's made, click here.


I began with a cream cardstock as my base and began spraying my base with Bamboo Leaf, Moody Mauve, Glorious Day, Cotton Candy and Hot Fudge. I didn't add any gesso this time around because I didn't want my colors to blend too much. After spraying the colors, I added a couple of splatters of Hot Fudge.

I fussy-cut some tags and icon squares from the collection (Simple Stories Cozy Days) to add to the embellishment clusters that would hang tight around each of the pictures.

My embellishment clusters contain a mix of stickers, ephemera, foam stickers, and chipboard stickers to really play with the dimension on the layout. Each picture is popped up on some craft foam, and each has a tag as a layering piece beneath them. Once I was done with everything, I splashed a bit of Moody Mauve and Glorious Day around my layout to add some more Shimmerz goodness!


That's it! It was a super simple and quick layout to make, and I hope I've inspired you to get your stories documented while playing around with your Shimmerz Paints. Remember, you can always receive a freebie in your next Shimmerz order if you type LORIMAR in the comments section when placing it.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Stay safe and happy Thanksgiving!

- Lorimar

No comments: