Friday, October 9, 2020

Wildflower | Stamping and Mixed Media | Lorimar Ortega

Hello everyone!

      Lorimar here, sharing this multi-mixed media-filled layout, inspired by a sketch I saw somewhere online. How do you feel about stamping and mixed media? For me, it's one of those neglected techniques which I'm trying to embrace once more. There's a lot of mixed media layers for this one, so let's get to it! 

Even though Kraft cardstock is one of those cardstock colors that I typically shy away from, I decided to use one as my base because it just felt right to do so. Instead of jumping to the mixed media, I began to play around with the placement of the picture and embellishments. I made a couple of marks with a pencil to guide to where I was going to be stamping my flowers and leaves. Took a quick picture of how I had arranged everything (to use as a guide) and began stamping, using archival ink to ensure that the color would stay clear even after I added my colors.

Then I began to add my colors using the packaging technique; I intentionally didn't fill in each of the stamped images because I wanted to keep the "messy, abstract" look. The flowers were mostly pink, the spaces in between the flowers were yellow, and the leaves were green. Here's the list of colors: Oh Say Can You Sea, Pink Moscato, Taupe of The Morning, Magenta, Pink Stilettos, Bubblegum Blast, Miner, Miner 49er, and Rollin' In The Hay. You can find there over at Shimmerz Paints.


Once my base was fully dry, I began to work in adding all the embellishments back in, popped my picture (a true 6x4) on craft foam for dimension, splattered some Miner, Miner 49er to try everything together, and added a bit of sparkle with some sequins from Spiegelmom Scraps. That's it! If you would like to see how it all came together, click here to watch the process video over on my personal channel.

Thank you so much for joining me today! There are some more close-ups down below. Remember, you can get some free paint by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.

Stay Safe and Shimmerz On!
- Lorimar





No comments: