Thursday, October 8, 2020

October Color Kitz with Emilie Chamel




Hey friends! Emilie here today for a very special project as part of the Shimmerz Design Team. I am using the stunning October 2020 Color Kitz. which contains:

  • Marigold Shimmerz
  • Taupe of The Mornin' Vibez
  • Plum Pudding Spritz
  • *NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Love Ocean #9 Vibez
  • 4 Leaf Clover Spritz
  • 1 exclusive "I Got This Feelin'" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Happy Hauntingz" Dotz
  • 1 package of Vibrant Pom Pomz






Not so long ago I treated myself to an Illustrating Bible in order to continue crafting my Faith and spend more time in God's word and I wanted to see how the Shimmerz Products would work with it. Well let me tell you that I was impressed! I did not get ANY bleed-through! I did not prep my page with Gesso, I just went in there with the packaging technique as well as some splatters and once dry there is no sign of it on the other side.




I wanted to create a very autumnal page and this colour kit was perfect for that. The blue, purple and green helped me create a lovely base and the splatters of Marigold brought it just enough warm!




Once all my painting was done and dry, it all came together easily. All the elements added the details I wanted to focus on. This was not an easy passage to work through for me as it was more a lesson from God rather than an inspirational Verse which I find much easier to illustrate but it was something I needed I think with what I am feeling at the moment.




I finished it off with my journaling and a Prima paper flower which I really got back into lately and there it was. I really think that this page visually reflect how I feel internally at the moment: a bit all over the place, but that's ok! We can't all be perfect all the time and I am learning to accept that.




Make sure you grab this gorgeous, fall kit from the Shimmerz shop before they are gone and add my name "Emilie" in the comment section for a free surprise gift! See you soon!





Emilie

No comments: