Thursday, September 10, 2020

Monochromatic Mixed Media Layout with Daisie

 Hi everyone!  Do you ever have a photo or set of photos that just inspire you?  I felt that way with these photos of my oldest daughter.  I went on the Shimmerz shop and purchased 5 different shades of yellow and one orange tone just to match!  When I recieved my package I painted big stripes on a piece of cardstock to see how they all looked together.  They were bright and shimmery, just what I needed!  

Here is a list of products I used:

I decided I didn't want to waste my swatch sheet so I cut the strips apart and cut them into squares of varying sizes. I thought they would make the perfect embellishment for my layout.  I grouped my set of 4 3x4 photos in the center of the layout.  Then I started adding all of my squares around, mixing up the colors and creating dimension by applying glue to one side of the square so the other side would pop up a little.  I also put a few of the squares on foam adhesive for an added boost.

To finish, I added a few clear stickers from Maggie Holmes Sweet Story collection.  I pulled out a few sets of Dotz and found the perfect ones to go with the photos.  This was a super simple layout and one that can easily be recreated using any color.  

Don't forget to add my name (Daisie) to the comments on your next purchase for a fun mini freebie.  Please check out my video to see the complete process!

I  hope you enjoy!  Go try this easy layout design!  I can't wait to see what you make!

Daisie



No comments: