Friday, July 31, 2020

Together | Jennifer McMurtrey

Hey Shimmerz friends!

It's Jennifer today with my final project as a member of the Shimmerz team. The past year has been wonderful, and I have enjoyed every moment.

Lately, I've been on a rainbow kick so I figured creating one would be a perfect send off using the following Shimmerz colors.


To create the rainbow background, I applied each of the Shimmerz colors using the smushing method. In order to keep the colors from running and blending together, I made sure to completely dry each color before moving on to the next.


After each color dried, I went back and added splatters of paint using the same colors.


To create contrast with the rainbow background, I printed my photo in black and white. I love the effect.


Next, I dug some Studio Calico and Dear Lizzy patterned papers from my stash that are black and white to layer behind the photo.


The flowers that are layered across the page were all fussy cut and adhered with foam squares. I finished the project by adding a rainbow of enamel dots, the title with journaling, and patterned washi tape along the top and bottom borders.


I just love the black and white elements with the rainbow! The stark contrast is exactly the effect I was hoping to achieve.

Thank you for stopping by today! Remember - when shopping in the Shimmerz Store to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.

Have a great day!!

No comments: