Saturday, August 1, 2020

The August Color Kitz Collection with Samantha Robles

Happy weekend everyone! We're finally in August. You know what that means? An all-new Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz Collection. Hooray! This months kit include:
  • Pop Art Pink Vibez
  • Bamboo Leaf Spritz
  • Trippin' in The Tropics Creameez
  • *NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Slow Ocean Shimmerz
  • Glorious Day Vibez
  • 1 exclusive Splish Splash Dolphin cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Summer Splash" Dotz
  • 1 package of Melon Ball Sequins from "Spiegelmom Scraps"

I took this photo last month and I knew I wanted to save it to use it for August's CK Collection. It screams "SUMMER"! I started my layout but tearing up some paper from the Doodlebug "Sweet Summer" Collection. I was aiming for the messy but fun vibe with this layout. I gesso'ed some white cardstock and used this adorable stencil from The Crafters Workshop with the following colors: 
*Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz
*Don't Citron Me Coloringz
*Lil' Yellow Skool Bus Coloringz
After letting my colors sit and dry for about 20 minutes,  I get a head start on my tropical flowers. I picked these cute rhinestone centered flowers up at my local Michaels. One flower was sprayed with the Pop Art Pink Vibez. The other was a mixed concoction of the "Trippin' in The Tropics" Creameez and Mango Tango Vibez. I made sure to get my Creameez really watered down. Almost muddy in the jar. Then add it to an empty small spray bottle. Then mix a little bit of Mango Tango in with it for the added POP and shimmer.
Now that my cardstock is dry, I start layering my torn up cardstock and begin added my flowers. These fun ephemera flowers from American Crafts mixed in PERFECTLY with the colors.
Now we add the fun cut file. Shimmerz Paints has a TON of new Cut Filez added to the Shimmerz Shop. The one I used is the "Splish Splash" file. The final touches are painting the inner letters with the new Slow Ocean Shimmerz. Then creating a little memory card background with Bamboo Leaf.
Yippie! Splashing into the last few days of Summer. Thanks for popping by. Don't forget, leave my name in the "comments" section of your order to get a little surprise with your order. Stay safe and cool!

XOXO
-Samantha Robles


No comments: