Friday, March 13, 2020

Do What you Love with Process Video | Spring Forward Challenge | Niki Rowland



Hey everyone, this is Niki with you today with a new layout to share for the Shimmerz Spring Forward Challenge. 
The challenge is to make a layout with NO PATTERNED PAPER!! I actually quite like this challenge as even though I have been trying to use more patterned paper recently, using none (or very little) is actually well within my comfort zone!

There is a process video for this layout that can be viewed at the end of the blog post.

For my layout, I decided to go with a rainbow theme. I have used six different Shimmerz Paints:

I have applied them to the background using the packaging technique and also a paintbrush. I also added splatters to each colour. 



After completing my mixed media background, I added my photos and then began embellishing. I added the large rainbow together with a rainbow Dotz. I fussy cut some clouds and used those as embellishments all over the background too.


I finished with stickers, gold thread and some teeny tiny rainbows that I fussy cut from a journaling card and added to the clouds. Here's another look at the finished layout:


I hope you have enjoyed my layout today. There is a process video too which can be viewed below.

I hope you play along with the Spring Forward Challenge - I look forward to seeing what you create! You can simply share your creation on the Shimmerz Sharez Facebook Group or anywhere on social media using the hashtag #shimmerzspringchallenge.
Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name into the comments to receive a little freebie.

Happy scrapping xxx 


https://www.instagram.com/nikiclaire/





No comments: