Thursday, January 23, 2020

Born To Explore | Boy Layout using Run! Forest, Pumpkin, Bumbly Bee | With Process Video

Hello Shimmerz friends!

Hope you are doing well and bright! Sharing this gorgeously starry layout with you today using oranges, yellows and greens. Link to process video can be found at the end of the post:

Started out with a white piece of cardstock that I've trimmed down to 11.5 by 11.5 in order to fit a border behind it later. Played a bit with the placement of patterned paper and pictures before getting out my colors:

- Can't Elope - Inklingz
- Bumbly Bee - Shimmerz
- Olive U Truly - Inklingz
- Run! Forest - Shimmerz
- Pining For You - Creameez
- Pumpkin - Pumpkin
- Orange Sherbet - Shimmerz
- Marigold - Shimmerz

I added the mixed media by colors; I began with the oranges (Can't Elope, Pumkin, Orange Sherbet) and let them dry a bit. Then added in the yellows (Bumbly Bee, Marigold) and finally worked with the greens. Each color group was worked with the packaging technique and splatters.


Once all the colors were dry, I glued my patterned paper (Amy Tangerine | Slice of Life | Rainbow Hall) and placed my pictures on craft foam for dimension. Added two small clusters of embellishments near my pictures. Had some leftover stars from a cutfile I had previously used (Circle Of Stars by Virginia Walker | COAPA Cutfiles); sprayed some of them with Tuscan Sun (Spritz) and others with Goldie Lox (Shimmeringz) and formed a sort of star burst effect on the layout with them. Each white star was added in on craft foam; I was punched out a few vellum stars and glued them unto the cardstock. Finished off the layout by added some Nuvo Drops, placed my title, wrote my journaling and then mounted the white cardstock unto a patterned paper (Amy Tangerine | Hustle and Heart). Below are a few more close-ups.




I love how this layout turned out! It's so colorful and star-filled, perfect for documenting boy memories. Hope to have inspired you and I'll see you back soon! Link to process video: https://youtu.be/wWoPn2s1mb8 
Remember, if you write my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order, you'll receive some free paint.



Stay crafty!
- Lorimar

No comments: