Monday, December 9, 2019

Boys Rule | Boy Themed Layout using Mists from November Color Kits

Hello friends!

    Lorimar here sharing a new boy-themed layout! I just loved the rich, deep color mists found in both November Color kits; and loved them even more when I saw how well they paired up with Chance of Rain (Vibez). Rather than document a Christmas picture, I went with more of a colorful, boy-themed, winter-feel layout.




     Here's how I made it: Using a 12x12 white cardstock, I added clear gesso using a palette knife to the whole sheet; set it aside to dry. In the meantime, I started pulling out boy-themed embellishments from my stash. Once the base was dry, I began adding color by spraying it on one side (enough to form a puddle) and then lifting and turning the base just so to form the drips. I did this twice with all four colors just to get a bolder look; I alternated the placement of the puddles and drips. They were: Rolling In The Hay, Rose Gold Red, Hot Fudge, and Chance of Rain. Finally finished the base by adding splatters.


     Once my base was dry, I trimmed an inch off of each side to get a 10x10 inch square of cardstock; ruffled up the edge with a distressing tool and glued it in the center of my patterned paper. For my pictures, I matted them with from red cardstock and black and white gingham patterned paper. Added some craft foam behind them and tied some red and white twine along the bottom portion of the picture.


For finalizing my layout, I used a variety of boy themed stickers, chipboard stickers, puffy stickers, sequins, ephemera and wood veneers. Wrote my journaling in black ink in the left hand corner of the layout and splashed some Rain of Chance all around the finished layout to tie everything together.


     So that's it! Pretty simple, and yet so stunning! Hope you're inspired to create something like and get your stories documented. Thanks for stopping by! Remember to type my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order to receive some free paint!

- Lorimar


No comments: