Sunday, November 17, 2019

Shimmering Poinsettia

Hello All! 

With Christmas just 5 weeks away (can you believe it??), I have been making a lot of Christmas cards with this gorgeous poinsettia stamp from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.
This card was a bit of an experiment but I love the results.  Side note- there are so many layers of color and shimmer that make this card gorgeous, but also incredibly difficult to photograph.  Depending on the light and angle that the picture was taken, the colors look different in every picture. 


Here is what I did~
-Stamped the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black, using my MISTI, then painted a light layer of Miner Miner  49er Inklingz over the entire flower. 
-Once that was dry, I painted some Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz Paint at the base of each petal (approximately the first 1/3 of the petal).  
-While still wet, I blended out with Keep Palm Coloringz that I applied with a brush (approximate middle 1/3 of each of the petals).
-While that was still wet, I blended out with Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.  
-Once everything was dry, I decided that the Tickle Me Turquoise was too bold and needed to be toned down so I went over the top of it with Keep Palm Coloringz.  This was where the magic happened as the Tickle Me Turquoise still showed through but was much more subtle.  I wish you all could see this in real life!
-I worked each petal a bit more with the Keep Palm Coloringz and the Miner Miner 49er Inklingz


-Once I was happy with the layers of color, I decided to emboss the image so I put it back in my MISTI and stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. 
-Now all that was left was the background.  I used my Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and painted in on in layers, drying in between to get all of the hard edges. 



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Should you decide to do any Shimmerz Paints shopping, put my name, Lee Ann Barrett, in the comments section of your order and you will receive a free gift with your order! 

 
Happy Crafting!

Lee Ann

No comments: