Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Views with Natalie

Hi friends! Natalie here with a new layout featuring the Missy Whidden color kit for October 2019!


This month's kit was SO FUN to play with!

The kit includes:
  • Coloringz Freshly Squeezed
  • Coloringz Vivacious Violet
  • Creameez Berry Hot
  • Shimmerz Sunflower
  • 3 Exclusive Dotz
  • Exclusive Cut File designed by Paige Evans
PRICE:  $18.95

I feel like the kit has such a fun, bohemian vibe, so I used to scrapbook a photo from our road trip in Arizona last year. This is me overlooking the Grand Canyon.


We are also having a fun challenge this month to pick a color outside of our normal comfort zones to use on our project. Although my layouts are typically quite colorful, I would not usually pick a yellow as my focal color; therefore, I picked the lovely Sunflower Shimmerz as my focus on today's layout.


I applied texture paste through a stencil, and used the Sunflower shimmerz to drip through the textured cracks. I helped the paint along with some water. You can see the process in my video on my YouTube channel.

I used a collection from Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) called No Prob Llama to cut my arrows, as this collection matches the Color Kit so well! I also found the new Wildflower & Honey collection from Vicki Boutin is a fabulous match.


I used the orange, purple and pink colors to splatter and accompany the Sunflower Shimmerz and allow it to shine!


How cute are these bright little Dotz?! A new assortment of this fun embellishment were recently released, so check out the collection. There's sure to be some for any project you can imagine.


Make sure to hop to the store & pick up your own Missy Whidden color Kitz!

I had a blast creating with mine & I hope I've inspired you to create. I also encourage you to consider working outside your comfort zone & choose a new color with which to work! It really stretches the creativity & aids in your creative process.




xoxo, Natalie


No comments: