Thursday, October 3, 2019

My Little Pumpkin Spice - October Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz with Samantha Robles

Happy October, Friends! I LOVE this time of year. The colors, the smells, the clothes. The epic crafting opportunities! Let's be real here: Fall is a time of change and a new sense of hope. It shows us that all beautiful things change in life. This October Color Kitz is the perfect opportunity to transition from that Summer state of mind to a more mellow and relaxed place.
Through out October, we're challenging our team and readers to branch out. Try something new for a change. Maybe it's a color. Maybe it's a technique. Maybe it's something that intimidates you. I have 3:
1. The color purple
2. Rolled flowers
3. and backing cut files

It was time to take one challenge on in this layout. I chose number 2. I use to watch my mom roll flowers back in the day. So I wanted to try to modern approach with Paige Evan's Rolled Flowers. You can find every kind here on her Esty shop page.
I started my layout with a Maggie Holmes sheet of paper that has a wood background. I then just messy painted the back with white acrylic paint. While I let the paint set, I start cutting my flowers. In this months Color Kitz:
Pumpkin Shimmerz
Jolly Green Giant 
Hot Fudge Vibez
Tuscan Sun Spritz
An exclusive set of Dotz: Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

Before I rolled and glue my flowers together, I paint each one with 2 coats of each color. This process can take some time, so either take a heating tool to it or just kick back with some Netflix for an hour. Afterwards, your flowers will be ready tote rolled and glued.
After my flowers are all picture perfect, I then hot glue them to my page. These flowers (paint and all) can be heavy, so hot, quick drying glue will be your BFF in these times of need.
The finally tiny touch will be adding the fun Dotz and cute throwback picture of my sweet baby bear on his first Fall. 

Thank you so so much for stopping by. Don't delay though. Snag that October Color Kitz before they sell out. Shimmerz also has an all new website. Super user friendly and stunningly beautiful.

Have a wonderful week! 
XOXO
-Samantha

No comments: