Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Frosty in Purple

Hello!

It's Lee Ann, with a card to share using a color I selected for our Shimmerz Team Color Challenge.
This month we are challenging ourselves to pick a color to use on our projects that we might not typically use.  I chose Iris My Case Shimmerz paint.
I am definitely not a purple fan, so it seemed to be the color for me to select.  I went with this beautiful lighter shade, kind of a lavender, almost periwinkle color.
Turns out, Iris My Case is perfect for wintry cards!


I started with some mixed media paper, a stencil, and my favorite paste, Tidy Widy Texturez.
I applied the Texturez paste through the stencil and let it dry.  I love that it remains shiny even after drying.


I brushed on some Iris My Case Shimmerz paint on the non-embossed areas; I spritzed it with water to make it more 'flowy'.  Is that a word?  I guess it is now!  Most of the Tidy Widy Texturez stayed Tidy White; see how it still shines?


Once I got the coverage I wanted with the paint, I let it dry.  I colored my snowman with Copics and fussy cut him out.  The sentiment was heat embossed onto vellum.  I adhered everything down to the card base and added some clear sequins, iridescent sequins and wood veneer snowflakes to finish off the card.
I am quite happy with how Iris My Case worked so well on this card.  Maybe I don't dislike purple after all!




There are still a few October Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz left; check them out before they are gone!













If you should decide to do any Shimmerz Shopping, remember to put my name, Lee Ann, in the comment section to get a free mini gift with your purchase.
I hope I have inspired you with this project!


No comments: