Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October Color Kitz + Mixed Media Layout | Missy Whidden

Hey, friends!  Missy here to share the new October Color Kitz with you...woo hoo!  First up is the Missy Whidden Color Kitz.  It's really awesome and contains the following:

Missy Color Kitz:
  • Coloringz Freshly Squeezed
  • Coloringz Vivacious Violet
  • Creameez Berry Hot
  • Shimmerz Sunflower
  • 3 Exclusive Dotz
  • Exclusive Cut File designed by Paige Evans
PRICE:  $18.95






Here's the layout I created using all these goodies.  I went with a light purple cardstock as my background.  My photos were perfect since my daughter's shirt matched all the colors :)  I worked with the cut file in Silhouette Studio and duplicated a few of them and reversed the directions.  I overlapped them and then welded all of the arrows together to create one big cut file.  There are so many possibilities with it!  I coated a lot of the background with white gesso before adding the Shimmerz.


I decided to create messy stripes of each color behind the cut file.  I added a bit of each color and used my palette knife to scrape it across the paper.  Then I used my brush and a little bit of water to blend and soften the edges.  This made each color blend into the next one easier.  I wound up adding color to the cut file as well.  I cut that on white cardstock, and it just stuck out too much.  A little color softened it up a bit.


I used lots of little odds and ends to embellish the layout.  I used some die cuts and washi tape stickers from Bella Blvd, some Studio Calico glitter heart stickers, some Heidi Swapp Sticker Book stickers and some MAMBI arrow stickers.  I used some metallic gold Thickers for my title.  To tone down the brassy gold, I smudged some white gesso over them.


Here you can see how shimmery the Sunflower is...when it hits the light it looks so glittery and sparkly.


I used all three Dotz beside each photo along with some matching colors of tangled thread.  I love all the color and textures going on here.


 

I also added some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps for some added color and texture.


I hope you like what you see with this Kit!  It really is pretty, and the colors look great together.  And you'll definitely want this cut file...I already have more ideas in mind for it!

Here's my process video showing you in more detail all the colors as well as putting this layout together:




Here's a look at the October Edition Color Kitz also available today.  It's $14.95 and has a gorgeous Fall vibe:



Go HERE to order the Kitz :)  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: