Sunday, September 29, 2019

Love That Smile

Summer is officially over, but before welcoming in Sweater Weather and warmer, cozier tones, I wanted to share this stash-bashing, "controlled" mixed media layout.


love stash bashing layouts! Add multi-colored fussy cut florals into the mix and I'm floored! A while back I went to a crop and colored and stamped 3 different backgrounds on some watercolor paper. For each, I simply added color with a wet brush and then used a palette knife to scrape, swatch and blend colors (below is the complete color list). Then I stamped images from Vicki Boutin's Color Kaleidoscope stamp set with black archival ink (Lawn Fawn). Afterwards, I went to town fussy cutting everything.

  • Marigold (Shimmerz) *no longer available
  • Just Peachy (Creameez) *no longer available
  • Oakie Bear Blue (Creameez)
  • Jeni B Blue (Vibez)
  • Pink Caviar (Shimmerz)
  • Pink (Shimmerz)
  • Meet Me @ Sunset (Creameez) *no longer available
  • Rip Van Periwinkle (Vibez)
  • Cotton Candy (Spritz)
  • Caribbean Sunset (Spritz)
  • Royal Purple (Shimmerz)
  • Peacock's Plume (Shimmerz)
  • Tickle Me Turquoise (Shimmerz)
  • Hermit the Frog (Vibez)
  • Pinin' for You (Creameez)
  • Honey Dew List (Creameez) *no longer available



For the layout, I merged 2 different patterned paper to form my base. With a honeycomb stencil (Vicki Boutin), I added Puttin' On the Glitz texture paste where the 2 papers met and spread it out about 1 1/2 to each side. Once dry, I added a string of bling to each side and then began layering in the leaflets and flowers. Matted my picture with yellow cardstock and added a bunch of embellishments from my stash. Tied everything together with splatters of Plum Crazy.


Hope you liked it, and are inspired to create something like this!

Remember, if you are interested in placing an order soon, be sure to mention my name in the comments section to receive free paint!!

Stay crafty and see you back soon!
- Lorimar


No comments: