Saturday, September 28, 2019

Here We Go! with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hey everyone, this is Niki here today with a new layout using my favourite Shimmerz products: Inklingz and Creameez!


I started off with making my background using the packaging technique. I used two pink colours:
Pink a Boo Inklingz
A Rose (by any other name) Inklingz and a deep blue:

I used the two pink colours first and then added the dark blue. I then added paint splatters in the same colours.  


Once my background was dry I added the cut file. I cut this from a piece of very dark blue patterned paper. I edited the cut file first to make the ampersand solid rather than an outline - I wanted to show off that glorious rich blue paper that went so well with my Shimmerz background. I did nothing else with the cut file, other than add lots of flowers and fussy cut leaves. I didn't need to back it as I wanted my mixed media background to show through.


I added some white highlights to my cut file with a white pen, and finished off with lots more paint splatters. I also added the word 'loved' which is a wooden word. I painted it with Witches Blue Creameez to make it match my Shimmerz background.

Thanks for joining me today. There's a process video too that you can view below. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz store, put my name in the comments for a freebie.

Happy scrapping xx 








No comments: