Thursday, September 19, 2019

Grateful

Don't you just love rainbows? I certainly do! Today's layout features lots of texture, more than 20 Shimmerz colors used, and best of all? It took me under 35 minutes (including drying time) to make it.



For my base, I used a Vicki Boutin foundations paper because I knew from the get-go that I was going to be adding lots of Shimmerz colors. I trimmed the rainbow paper (from Paige Evans' Truly Grateful collection) to 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 so that once I had my background done, the colors could easily peek through. Using the patterned paper as a guide, I began adding colors with a wet brush. I wasn't to fiddly if they blended together because I was actually going for a look of easy transitions between colors. Below is a list of all the Shimmerz I used; first color mentioned was applied with brushstrokes, second color was added in splatters. and techinque I used with them.

     Clockwise starting with the pink color (pattern with pink leaves and acorns):

  1. Pink Caviar (Shimmerz) and Bahama Mama (Inklingz)
  2. Gold-N-Roses (Blingz) and Pink (Shimmerz) 
  3. 1 Hot Mama (Creameez) 
  4. Royal Red (Shimmerz) with Royal Purple (Shimmerz) mixed together
  5. Plum Crazy (Inklingz)  with Iris My Case (Shimmerz) 
  6. Chance of Rain (Spritz) with Anchors Away (Shimmerz) 
  7. In Deep (Coloringz) with Tickle Me Turquoise (Shimmerz)
  8. Hermit the Frog (Vibez) and Pixie Dust (Blingz) mixture with Honey Dew List (Inklingz)
  9. Hermit the Frog (Vibez) with Pinin' For You (Creameez)
  10. Pinin' For You (Creameez) with Jilted Jade (Shimmerz)
  11. Hermit the Frog (Vibez) mixed with Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz)
  12. Tuscan Sun (Spritz) with Bumbly Bee (Shimmerz)
  13. Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz) with Bumbly Bee (Shimmerz)
  14. Caribbean Sunset (Spritz) with Orange Sherbet (Shimmerz)
  15. Caribbean Sunset (Spritz) mixed with RazzleDazzle Berry (Vibez) and Red Necking (Creameez) + Crimson Tide (Shimmerz)
  16. Wisteria Lane (Shimmerz) mixed with Pixie Dust (Blingz) with Raisen Cane (Creameez)

I set the base aside to dry and began to work on the patterned paper. First, I added splashes of white acrylic paint and, once dry, started to heavily distress the outer borders first. Then, I cut down towards the center, without reaching all the way down, using the lines from the paper itself as a guide. Afterwards I heavily distressed these as well. I really distressed all the edges to ensure that the colors from the base could peek through, and to add more texture to the layout.
Once my base was dry, I set the patterned paper on top to check on the spacing between the gaps. Everything looked great so I taped them together. Since my picture doesn't have a lot of pinks or purples in it, I placed it near the upper right hand section as a means to cover them up a bit. The picture has double mats made from patterned paper from the Truly Grateful collection. Most of the embellishments are from the same collection with some from my stash.

Hope you are inspired to create something colorful like this! Remember, type my name in the notes section of your next Shimmerz order to receive some free paint!
Happy Craftin'!
- Lorimar


No comments: