Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A Good Day | Julee Tilman


Hi friends! For today's card I wanted to play a bit with Inklingz, since I usually either reach for Shimmerz or Vibez. Inklingz are a solid shimmering watercolor that you activate with water. Just spray a few squirts of water into your pot, then wait a few minutes and you're ready to go. The colors in this line include some beautiful pastels and less vibrant shades than some of the other lines of paint, but they have an amazing shimmer when dry.


I started with Bahama Mama and Blue My Mind, painting a little onto some packaging and then spritzing with water and smooshing on to the page. After doing this, I decided I needed a little more "pop" so did some more smooshing with some Grape Escape Vibez, then going back in with a little  more of the Blue My Mind until I was happy with the background.

I pulled out a fun Reverse Confetti set and stamped it over the background, then went back in with the same colors of paint and colored in the flowers.  The sentiment was embossed in platinum embossing powder first. Luckily I used my MISTI, so when I realized it didn't have enough contrast to be seen, I could restamp and emboss it in white. I like the little shadow effect it created.


I then started making a little accent cluster, starting with one of the Dotz from the Happy Thoughts collection. I added a few teeny paper roses, painting them with Bahama Mama and Grape Escape, then giving them a good coating of Angel Wingz Shimmerz. I finished off with a few rhinestones placed around the sentiment and then as centers for the stamped flowers.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your day Shimmerz!

As always, if you're in the mood to shop, place my name in your order comments for a free goodie.

No comments: