Thursday, August 22, 2019

Puppy Love | Jen McMurtrey

Hey Shimmerz friends! 

It's Jen today sharing my first layout as a member of the Shimmerz Creative Design Team - eek! If you already follow me on social media, you know that I am always snapping pics of Mabel my goldendoodle. Today you get a peek at our new doodle puppy named Mildred Mae - Millie for short.

The orange hues and blue accents in the photo are a perfect match with the Ride the Tide and Dandy-Lion Creameez. Paired with Vicki Boutin's Wildflower & Honey collection? A match made in heaven!


This layout began with a piece of 12 x 12 Vicki Boutin white mixed media paper. Most often I use a piece of cardstock with gesso, but I wanted to give this thicker paper a try and see what results I might get.

First up was the Dandy-Lion Creameez, which I spritzed with water to activate and let pool on the white paper. This effect is achieved by spraying water on the mixed media paper and adding paint until you get the desired look. I had mapped out the location of the photo and used that as a guide in placing the paint.


I dried the Dandy-Lion Creameez with my heat tool and then began adding Ride the Tide Creameez using the same pooling technique. I did end up with some green here and there due to being impatient, but it was easy to cover up with embellishments.


Before adding the photo and embellishments, I added splatters of  Egg Noggin' Vibez for more saturated color. When dry it is a bit darker than the Dandy-Lion Creameez and adds more depth of color to the background.


For the embellishments, I fussy cut the honeycomb patterned paper and punched the circles from another piece. These were all adhered with foam squares to give the layout dimension with the photo placed on top of those.

I finished the layout with emphemera along the top and bottom of the layout to anchor everything. Using Felicity Jane alphas, I placed Millie's name along the bottom and added enamel dots and chipboard plus signs to create a visual triangle.


Here's a closeup of the top of the photo.


I am so in love with these paints!! The list of which Shimmerz I used with links to each product follows.


Remember when ordering Shimmerz Paints to type JENNIFER in the comments to receive a Shimmerz freebie!



Thank you for stopping by today! 
-Jen

No comments: