Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Outdoor Adventures, with Process Video | Niki Rowland


Hey Shimmerz Fans, Niki here today with a new layout using Inklingz and Creameez. There is a process video that you can see below for this video.


I started off by painting wide coloured stripes onto a piece of white cardstock and then adding splatters in the same colour. My original plan was to use the wide stripes for my background but I didn't like the look of it, so I started again using the packaging technique and creating a water coloured area behind where the cut file camp fire was due to go.

The colours I used were:


Once I had aded my colours to the background using the packaging technique I then added splatters in the same colours. I dried it with a heat tool and then added my backfilled campfire on top. The cute campfire cut file is by Confessions of a Paper Addict Cut Files.


I mounted my photo and distressed the edges of the journaling card.  I cut up the wide stripes painted earlier and added a strip at the top and the bottom of the layout. I also added a piece behind my photo and another piece behind the journaling card on the right.


I added lots of ephemera and stickers from the Echo Park Summer Adventure collection and added a title using a mixture of an acrylic word and Thickers. I finished off with more spatters and sequins of course. 

Here's another look at the finished layout.


Thanks so much for joining me today. You can view the process video below and don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, add my name in the comments section for a freebie. Happy scrapping xxx








No comments: